What Should You do if Your Dog Gets Pepper Sprayed?
What neutralizes dog pepper
- Rather than rushing to vet, it’s better to relieve the discomfort first. Rinse the affected areas thoroughly with lots of clean water.
- After several minutes of flushing, watch out if pain persists and dog doesn’t seem to get any improvement, then visit emergency vet office.
- Know that the effect of pepper spray usually stays for at least 45 minutes, so it’s up to you to decide whether your dog is getting better or not.
- A vet can prescribe your pet a topical ointment to minimize the effects sooner.
- Remember, there is no such medication that can relieve the effects of pepper spray other than washing the affected areas on time.