Make Your Own Pepper Spray Like This
If you want to make pepper spray yourself you can do it on a lot of different ways. I will share with you one of them. I think that this is the best formula.
Pepper sprays have become quite popular when it comes to self-defense. It is a handy tool to use when you’re alone in an uncomfortable situation.
This homemade pepper spray can be used up to 3 months, just make sure you store it a cold place. Overall, It is simple to make, simple to use and can be
Homemade pepper spray is less effective than the one from the store (check the best pepper sprays), but still, It is better than nothing.
Just before you start the preparation process here are some important points you should adhere to:
- In case you have breathing complications or respiratory problems, you shouldn’t be making the spray yourself.
- Use rubber gloves
- Use a face mask
- Ensure that you’re preparing the spray in a well-ventilated area
What you need?
- Around 6-7 chili peppers. You have to make sure you choose the hottest peppers you can find. You can also add more chili peppers to make it stronger.
- 1 large jar; to mash the peppers in.
- Rubber gloves, face mask, and safety goggles
- A sharp knife for cutting
- 2 empty bottles
- Clean cloth to get rid of seeds
- A funnel
- Vegetable oil or baby oil
- Vinegar or rubbing alcohol
ollow these steps:
- First, you have to make sure your peppers are dry. You can either sun-dry them or leave them under the fan.
- When they’re dried, they’re ready to be chopped. You can either put them into a blender or chop them into really fine small pieces. Chop the garlic and add it to the chopped peppers.
- Next, add baby oil to the ingredients and mix it well.
- Add 12 ounces of vinegar or rubbing alcohol to the mixture. Make sure your mixture is consistent and smooth. No solid pieces should be left.
- Then, use the funnel to transfer the solution in a separate bottle. The funnel will ensure a clean transfer.
- Leave the bottle overnight in a cool place.
- Later the next day, use the funnel to transfer the mixture again into a separate bottle. This time put a clean cloth over the funnel. This time the transferred solution will look like a smooth solution. The cloth will filter out the seeds.
- At last, your own pepper spray is ready to use.
Homemade pepper spray for dogs
Dog pepper sprays are suggested over pepper sprays for better protection against dog attacks. If you spray dogs directly in their eyes and nose, then the pepper spray will stun or injure them. It all depends on what type of pepper spray you use and how it was made.
If you use the normal pepper spray made for humans, then you could potentially injure the dog. But there is a lighter pepper spray that you can make from home, which is less sensitive to dogs.
With cayenne pepper
To make homemade pepper spray for dogs, you’ll need to gather the right ingredients first. These ingredients include grounded cayenne pepper, water
Take 1 teaspoon of grounded cayenne pepper and mix it in a spray bottle with 8 ounces of water. Shake the bottle profusely. Once you’re done shaking the bottle, then you’re ready to start spraying.
The cayenne pepper in the water will cause irritation to the dog’s nose. If you only use 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper in 8 ounces of water, then the dog should not get hurt by this.
But if you use more than 1 teaspoon in 8 ounces of water, then it will hurt the dog. Mainly, this solution works as a deterrent for keeping dogs away from gardens or other outdoor areas.
With eucalyptus oil
If you’d rather make an even milder pepper spray for dogs, then use eucalyptus oil in the water instead of cayenne pepper. Put in about 20 drops of the oil in every 8 ounces of water.
You can spray the solution outside or indoors to repel dogs away. If you spray them up close, their nose will be sensitive to the scent of the solution. It won’t hurt them, but it’ll make them want to leave the area.
Is homemade pepper spray legal?
Pepper sprays are legal in all US countries. Some states do have some regulations so it’s important to check the laws before using one. You can check regulations in your country in this article. Remember that you can use it only in the case of self-defense, if you use it to attack someone then this is not a legal use.
Don’t have time to make it yourself?
There is a lot of different brands of pepper spray and if you don’t have the time to do it yourself it is probably a good idea to buy some. It is not expensive and can be very effective. Check Fox Labs, it is one of my favorites.
What else can you use?
Since dogs don’t like loud noises, you can use some effective alternative to scare the dog. For instance, air horn and ultrasonic noise generators can be utilized to deter the dog from attack.